Our officers in Public relations office review communication policies within an organization and develop and implement communication programs and strategies. Assignments that a public relations officer might carry out include developing and implementing targeted communication plans, creating public awareness campaigns and improving organization, public and media relations.
Public relations officers of ZUMS work in a various settings including corporate public relations companies, consultancy, government organizations, lobby groups, charity organizations, and community organizations, among many others.
Responsibilities of PR at ZUMS
The role is very varied and tasks will depend on the organization and sector. Responsibilities in our Organization often involve:
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- collating and analyzing media coverage;
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs;
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website;
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- commissioning market research;
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.